Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Original Short Story

This is a short story that I wrote in class. We had to take a line from the short story "Betrayal" and use that as our first line in ours.

I was the only person not close to an outburst of hysetrical murderousness. I sat completely still in my chair and looked around at all of the people surrounding me; wearing the colors of thier home team, of the team that just lost. To me, it just felt like another football game, but to my school, it was much more than that. Our football team made it all the way to the State Championships, something that hasn't happened in decades. And now their dignity and pride were crushed.
The opposing team's fans were rowdy and pompous, as they chanted and rubbed their win in our faces. I looked over at the players who were more upset than angry. Some of the Seniors were even crying. But for some reason the crowd always reacts differently than the team that just lost. The fans were rowdy and starting fist fights in the lower rows of bleachers with kids from the other school. But I managed to sit steady and clam with one tear rolling down my cheek, because I realized it was one more moment, memory, and day closer to graduation.

1 comment:

Professor Sweet's Cultural Reference Log said...

I love where you went with this and how it ended. :)