Monday, February 5, 2007

Between men and women there is no friendship possible...

"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."
--Oscar Wilde

I believe this quote holds true in everyone's lives at some points. I think that in order to really love someone and know someone, you must become friends with them first. The best relationships come from the best friendships. I've realized that now out of having many relationships fail, because I get to know the person a little too late. I love Oscar Wilde's quotes because what he says, actually has meaning behind it. He also quotes things that many people can relate to, such as relationships and friendships.

However, I do believe it is possible for men and women to just be friends and nothing more. Sometimes when you are too good of friends with the opposite sex, you don't want to date because you don't want to lose what you have already, but the truth is, sometimes those two people are meant to be and everyone can see it except for them.

1 comment:

Professor Sweet's Cultural Reference Log said...

This quote is definitely intriguing... It seems that once sexuality enters the equation, friendship and/or love can become confusing. I know I've had guy friends, but I think the way we've handed it was to sort of think of them as off limits - like a male relative....