Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Which family in the short stories do I most resonate with?

I would have to say that I resonate most with the family from the story "A Family Supper." In this story, the narrator has an awkward relationship with his father and his mother is dead. My parents are divorced and I live with my mom, but I see my dad occasionally. Now that I'm away at school, it's awkward to come home because me and my mom don't really know what to talk about, just like at the end of the story with the father and son.

I could also picture my mother asking if I wanted to come live with her after I was out of school and on my own, out of politeness, but I would decline because even though I miss being home, I love Boston. Just like the narrator loves America, and he has friends back there. So, if I were to relate to a relationship in one of the short stories, I think it would be the father and son from "A Family Supper."

No comments: